2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 litre reduced salt vegetable stock
1 head of broccoli including heads and stalks, roughly chopped
1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
salt and pepper, to season
a few fresh basil leaves, torn
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1. Heat olive oil in a large, deep saucepan over a medium - high heat and add in the onion and garlic, cooking for a few minutes, until they start to soften.
2. Add fennel seeds and chopped broccoli and stir for another minute.
3. Add stock and bring to a boil.
4. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add the chickpeas. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes until the broccoli is tender but not mushy.
5. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth, season with salt and pepper to taste. If you don't have a stick blender you can wait until it cools a little then pop in a high power blender like a Vitamix.
6. Serve with parmesan cheese, torn basil leaves and squeeze of lemon juice.
Hello and Welcome!
Hi! I'm Amanda and I'm so glad you found us. We would love to help you reach (and maintain!) your health and fitness goals.
I started She's a Knockout in 2009 after discovering for myself the life-changing benefits of healthy eating and regular exercise and becoming a qualified personal trainer and boxing instructor - I wanted to empower other women by sharing this knowledge!
I've lost over 20kg myself and have kept it off many years and 2 kids later.
Along the way there's been challenges - learning about nutrition and exercise, struggling for years to fall and stay pregnant, then sustaining a healthy and active lifestyle while raising young kids.
I've personally selected a team of positive, empathetic, encouraging and professional female trainers to help you lose weight, get fit and feel strong, sexy and confident! We specialise in training women in all stages of their lives, including prenatal and postnatal.
We come to you in many locations across Perth - whether it's your home, local park, apartment gym or office.
We bring all the equipment and will come at a time and place that suits you.