This is a great little recipe for when you want to whip up some healthy muffins but don't have time to run to the shops - it's quite likely you've got all the ingredients you need in the pantry already!
Great for the school lunchbox or pop one in your handbag and take to work for a healthy snack.
They freeze beautifully, if they make it to the freezer :)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons oil (I used coconut)
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup sultanas
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 cup self-raising flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
2. In a large bowl mix sugar, milk, egg and oil. Then stir in carrot and sultanas.
3. Add flour, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until just combined. Don't over mix.
4. Spoon into prepared muffin tray and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes (I did 16 mins in a fan-forced oven).
Tip: instead of carrot & sultanas you can try these other combinations:
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 cup grated apples + 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Amanda is a registered personal trainer and certified boxing instructor who specialises in fitness for women. Her goal is to inspire women of all ages to enjoy living an active, healthy life!
As a Mum of an active boy and baby girl and owner of Perth-based personal training company She’s a Knockout, Amanda is dedicated to empowering women to be fit, strong and confident in themselves.